ABOUT THE ORGANISER
Amity Law School, Amity University Uttar Pradesh, Lucknow Campus is organizing the XV National Amity Moot Court Competition ’24. Since its inception in 2007, this competition has become one of the most highly regarded events of its kind in India. The competition aims to inspire educational excellence and legal intellect among law students across the nation.
ABOUT THE EVENT
National Moot Court Competition organized by Amity Law School, Amity University Uttar Pradesh, Lucknow Campus promises once again to unite some of the finest and brightest law student in India. Since its inception in the year 2007, this competition has grown to become one of the most highly regarded events of its kind in India. The recorded footfall of the competition across the Nation has made the competition’s impact widespread in all regions of the country. Amity Law School, Amity University Uttar Pradesh, Lucknow Campus through this event aims to inspire the educational excellence and legal intellect of law students across the Nation. Amity Law School strongly believes that the present legal education should be beyond the books; Amity Law School has inspired legal education with a collegial intellectual community. The faculties and authorities in Amity Law School have long upheld the principle that law must be studied within the context of its ultimate nature, to serve justice and humanity. Students at Amity Law School thrive in a diverse and resource-rich atmosphere that is intellectually invigorating, professionally supportive and forward thinking. This is precisely why this institution is known for producing well-rounded lawyers and accomplished practitioners. Students learn and improve their advocacy skills by participating in the National Moot Court Competition. These are the reasons that Amity Law School is dedicated towards organizing these kinds of events and set a benchmark every year. Amity Law School wholeheartedly welcomes all the participants into the vibe of competition and wish them all the luck and success for this competition.
- The Competition is open to all students, enrolled bonafide, on a regular basis in an undergraduate law course (3 years/5 years) conducted by any recognized College/ Institution/ University.
- A recognized College/Institution/University is entitled to send a maximum of 3 teams to the competition.
- Each team shall comprise a minimum of two members and a maximum of three members. In a team comprising of two members, both members shall be designated as Orators. In a team comprising three members, two members shall be designated as Orators and the third member shall be designated as a Researcher.
- Teams shall not disclose their identity or that of their institution. However, the speakers can disclose their names only to the bench during the oral arguments.
- Teams are requested to submit 10 hard copies (Petitioner-5 and Respondent-5) at the time of formal
registration at the venue on 29th February 2024.
- The language to be used during the rounds is English.
- The Competition shall consist of the following rounds: Preliminary Round I and Preliminary Round II., Quarter- Finals., Semi- Finals. and Finals.
- During each of the above-mentioned rounds, the order in which the teams shall present their arguments is as follows: Petitioner Speaker 1, Petitioner Speaker 2, Respondent Speaker 1, Respondent Speaker 2, Rebuttal: Petitioner – Any one of the two Speakers and Sur-rebuttal: Respondent – Any one of the two Speakers
Note: The detailed rules & regulations of the competition may be found in a separate document.
- 10th February, 2024: Last date of provisional registration
- 13th February, 2024: Last date to seek clarifications
- 15th February, 2024: Release of clarifications
- 20th February, 2024: Last date for submitting the softcopy of the memorial
- 29th February, 2024: Last date for submitting the hardcopy of the memorial
How to Register?
Interested candidates can register via the link given at the end of the post.
The registration fee is Rs. 4,500/- + GST and is non-refundable. The reporting time is 10:00 a.m. on 29th February 2024 at the competition venue.
For further information, please contact:
Amity Law School, Amity University Uttar Pradesh, Lucknow Campus
Malhaur (near railway Station), PO: Chinhat, Lucknow, U.P.- 226028
Tel: +91-92-369-09051, 99-184-77666, 0522-2399418, 6525676