University Five Year Law College (UFYLC) invites registration for the 11th UFYLC Ranka National Moot Court Competition scheduled to be held on 09-11 December 2023.
University Five Year Law College was founded by the University of Rajasthan as a Self Financing Institution in 2008. It has been defined by its quality to bring eliciting educated and intellectual scholars to society. With that aim, it has evolved into one of the prestigious law colleges in India.
About the Moot Court Competition
The Ranka National Moot Court Competition, graciously hosted by the venerable University Five Year Law College in Jaipur, stands as a resounding tribute to the profound vision of the Ranka Public Charitable
Trust, established in the year 1980 under the distinguished leadership of Late Dr. N.M. Ranka, a Senior Advocate of great renown, this trust blazed a trail by introducing the concept of Moot Court Competitions to the legal landscape of Rajasthan.
General Details of the Moot Court Competition
- Date: December 9-11, 2023
- Mode: Offline
The competition is open for bonafide students pursuing Five Year Integrated and Three Year LLB courses.
General Rules of the Moot Court Competition
- Each team shall comprise of three members. Under no condition shall a team consisting of more or less than 3 members be allowed to participate. However, the Competition Organisation Committee may allow a team comprising of at least 2 members in exceptional circumstances and after hearing the members on merits. The decision of the Competition Organisation Committee, in this regard, shall be final.
- Such Team shall designate two of its members as speakers; and shall designate one member, who has not been designated as a speaker, as a researcher. The team must, amongst its members, identify the speakers and the researcher at the time of registration itself.
- Teams shall identify the speakers and researcher during registration. Only those participants, registered as Oralists in the registration form, shall be allowed to speak.
- No extra member or observer shall be allowed. No swapping of designation of the members shall be allowed.
- Not more than one team shall be allowed to register and participate in the competition
from the same College/Institution/University.
- Once registered, a team will not be permitted to vary the composition of the team in any manner. Changes, if any, may only be made with the express permission of the Competition Organisation Committee, if due reason is shown for the same.
- Arguments shall be in English ONLY.
- Each team shall be provided with the team code by draw of lots followed by Exchange
- Click on the link provided below to register.
- All the teams shall be required to make a payment of INR 5500/-
- In this edition of the competition, registration will be open to one team per institute to participate in the competition.
- While filling out the Registration Form, the teams have to choose a primary contact person. All communications concerning the Competition will be sent by e-mail to the nominated contact person. The nominated contact person shall be responsible to convey all the information to the team.
- The fee for the competition shall be paid to the bank account/UPI/QR Code mentioned below. After payment of the fee, the candidate/team must ensure that the screenshot is taken. The screenshot shall be used for verification purposes.
- All the participating institutions have to confirm participation by attaching the screenshot of the payment receipt in the google form.
- The teams shall be provided a unique team code which shall be used in the preparation of the memorial as stated above. Teams shall only be addressed by this code in the oral rounds.
- No change in the names of the participants shall be permitted after the receipt of the Registration Form, except at the sole discretion of the Organizers.
- Teams should clearly mention the participants name, contact number, Including year/semester of study.
- Release of Moot Problem: 7th October, 2023
- Opening Date of Registration: 7th October, 2023
- Closing Date of Registration: 20th November, 2023
- Last Date of Seeking Clarifications: 2nd November, 2023
- Release of Clarifications: 5th November, 2023
- Last Date of Memorial Submissions in soft copy: 30th November, 2023
- Last Date of Memorial Submissions in hard copy: 4th December, 2023
- Oral Rounds: 9-11th December, 2023
- Winning Team: The winning team will receive a trophy, certificate of excellence and a cash prize of 15,000/-.
- Runners-Up Award: The 1st runners up will get a trophy, certificate of excellence and a cash prize of 11,000/-.
- Best Student Advocate:
- Best student Advocate (Appellant) will get a trophy and cash prize of 4000/-
- Best Student Advocate (Respondent) will get a trophy and cash prize of 4000/-. This prize will be awarded on the basic of make acquired in the preliminary round.
- Best Student Researcher: Best Student Researcher will get trophy and cash prize of 4000/-. This award will be on the basic of Researcher test marks.
- Best Memorial Award:
- Best Memorial award will get a trophy and cash prize of 6000/-.
- Certificate for participation will be given to all the participants.
University Five Year Law College, University of Rajasthan Campus, Jaipur.
Important Links for the Moot Court Competition
Register Here: Click Here
Access Moot Court Problem / Proposition here: Click Here
Access Moot Court Brochure here: Click Here
Access Rules and Regulations here: Click Here
All official communication regarding the 11th UFYLC Ranka National Moot Court Competition, 2023 shall be made through mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. In case of any further query, please contact:
Moxita Verma, Convener (+91 8824153098)
Rakhi Sharma, Faculty Coordinator (+91 9783287821)