5th National Amity Faculty Development Program (Hybrid) on “Accentuating the Importance of the Amalgamation of Related Disciplines in the Domain of Law” is a week-long event (7days) that is highly beneficial for higher educational institutions and their faculty members. They can encourage collaboration, enhance teaching skills, promote innovation, support professional development, and improve student outcomes. This can lead to new research projects, teaching pedagogy, and innovative approaches to deals with the complex problems.
This faculty development program is designed keeping in mind that every person is ought to be aware of amalgamation of related disciplines in the domain of law by tracing various disciplines both law and non-law onto a common platform to study and comprehend that law is no longer a discrete or autonomous body of knowledge.
Law as a domain is broad and all-encompassing, covering a wide range of disciplines that are interconnected. They are interconnected in at least three ways. Firstly, legal legislations drafted by the legislature significantly affect the promulgation of knowledge and expertise in the social science. Secondly, the expertise provided by another organized body of knowledge may at times be necessary to the resolution of a particular legal issue. For example, the “expert testimony” of a mental health professional, is often central to a judgment of culpability or non-culpability in a criminal law proceeding. And thirdly, law may be the subject matter of another discipline, for example, Management being another discipline that plays a vital role in the field of law. A law graduate cannot attain desired success in his professional life until unless he/she masters the managerial skills. Thus, the study of law might be sensibly regarded as not only preparation for a profession, but also as a branch of the humanities or the social sciences. So, it can be easily concluded that Literature, Philosophy, Cultural Studies, Economics, History, Management, Medicine, or Sociology might all provide insights into the nature of law.
About the Event
5th National Amity Faculty Development Program (Hybrid) is a 7-day event that is a critical factor in building the strong foundation of an educational system to ensure quality education. The faculty development program has many potential benefits for faculty members, law professionals, professionals from various disciplines and research scholars. Moreover, Amity Law School, Lucknow Campus is always foster to bring legal luminaries & leader one, on the single platform (i.e. FDP), to impart best content & pedagogy to the faculties across the pan India.
5th Faculty Development Program aims to enrich the Academic content, sharpen teaching pedagogy and developed professional skills of the faculty members in all the five desired domains, viz; teaching pedagogy, assessment, curriculum support, organizational leadership, and mentoring.
- Developing organizational skills
- Expanding knowledge of new issues in teaching and learning
- Sharpening intellectual abilities
- Interacting with people online from varied backgrounds
- Learning the value of multilateral discussions
Sub-themes for the FDP:
- Constitutions and Democracy by Prof. (Dr.) Mohd. Asad Malik Faculty of Law, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi.
- Managerial skills and law professionals by Dr. Parvez Hayat, Indian Police Service (IPS) LLB., Ph.D. in Sustainability and Disaster Management. IEM/ Ombudsman SBI& BEL
- Changing contours in Cyber Law with the special reference to the Digital personal Data Protection Bill 2022 by Prof. S. C Roy, CNLU, Patna
- Laws influencing society at large by Dr Mohd. Salim, Director, Lloyd Law College, Greater Noida, Uttar Pradesh
- Integration of law into Finance: Future-proofing India’s competition law by Ms Manisha Singh, Head of If&Is Automation & Integration, Allianz Tech
- Human Rights with the consonance of Human Values by Prof. D P Verma, Member Law Commisson, Ex-Additional Director (Research & Training), National Judicial Academy, India, and Ex-Head & Dean, Law School, Banaras Hindu University (BHU), India
- Gaps in Law related to Women in India and its impact on society by Prof. Ritu Gupta, NLU Delhi
- The history of Law, Order & Justice by Dr. Bhanu Pratap, Lucknow University
- Law and Politics: Critical Concepts in Political Science by Prof. Shashi Kant Pandey, BBAU, Lucknow
- Psychology, Public Policy, and Law by Prof SZH Zaidi, AIBAS, AUUP, Lucknow
The Objectives of this FEP are:
- To encourage collaboration, enhance teaching skills, promote innovation, support professional development, and improve student outcomes. This can lead to new research projects, teaching pedagogy and innovative approaches to deals with the complex problems.
- To create an opportunity to encourage and boost teachers about: Enriching the Academic content, sharpen teaching pedagogy and developed professional skills in all the five desired domains, viz; teaching pedagogy, assessment, curriculum support, organizational leadership, and mentoring.
- To help participants to see the positives around them & feel empowered as everyone has a role to play in making progress.
- To promotes lifelong learning & a need for everyone to work together as in today’s world Teacher-Learner collaboration ensures enriched experiences.
The FDP would be highly experiential and interactive with online and offline lectures, discussions, presentations, case studies and activity-based sessions. You are requested to kindly register for the program and disseminate the above information within your faculty members, research scholars, students and others within your Academic circle and encourage them to register for the FDP to gain maximum out of this program as the sessions of this program will be conducted by Eminent speakers from various fields.
Certificate of Participation
A certificate of participation shall be issued to all the participants who would have attended all the sessions.
Who can Participate?
It is designed especially for-
- All faculties working in various universities, colleges, and professional institutes.
- Research scholars and
- Other legal professionals.
- The registration is to be done through the link given at the end of this post.
- Indian – Rs. 700 and is non-refundable.
- Foreigner – Rs. 1500 and is non-refundable.
- All the necessary communication shall be done through email@example.com or the contact persons.
- The registration fee shall be paid through an online transaction via the online payment gateway of Amity university.
- The last date for registration is 15th June 2023.
Payment Link https://www.amity.edu/lucknow/paymentgateway/aial2023
Registration Form Link:- https://forms.gle/DPbuDuurLHjyCYFB8
Patron In Chief
- Hon’ble Dr. Ashok K. Chauhan
Ritnand Balved Education Foundation Chairman,
AKC Group of Companies
Co-Patron In Chief
- Hon’ble Dr. Aseem Chauhan
Amity University, Lucknow Campus
- Prof. (Dr.) Balvinder Shukla
Amity University Uttar Pradesh
- Wg. Cdr. (Dr.) Anil Kumar,
Deputy Pro Vice Chancellor,
Amity University Uttar Pradesh,
- Prof. (Dr.) J. P. Yadav
Director, Amity Law School
Amity Law School, Lucknow
- Dr. Arvind Kumar Singh,
ALS, Lucknow Campus
Phone Number: +91 9140197074
- Dr. Reshma Umair
ALS, Lucknow Campus
Phone Number: +91 8318851168
- Dr. Jyoti Yadav
ALS, Lucknow Campus
Phone Number: +91 7388891663
- Amal Singh Patel: +91 9044790516
- Rajarshi Tripathi: +91 8299381423
- Raghav Agarwal: +91 9696565590
- Bhargavi Singh: +91 8299832239
- Prakhyat Kunj Pandey: +91 7347777796